Friday, June 16, 2006

A little beer and a little chocolate

I've been running around like a madwoman for the last 3 months, and finally, FINALLY, I get the chance to relax. This is my first weekend off in umpteen bazillion weekends in a row. So what am I going to do? Drink beer and eat a huge scoop of Oberweis Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream. Damn Skippy.

Now, it may be that PMS has reared its ugly head. It may be that my fantasizing about being a size 6 again has finally wore its welcome out. It may be that I just really want to feel sick to my stomach about 3 hours from now. Whatever it is, I freakin' deserve it. I'm not one to pat myself on the back, but damn, I worked hard and now I deserve a little break and a little reward. Even if it cost me 1200 calories.

My husband is even coming home at a remotely decent hour, which this time of year, is practically unheard of. Between softball and golf and his busiest time of the year work-wise, summer is left to me and my son. But tonight, he'll be home by 9pm. I don't envy couples who have to deal with nightshifts. I don't even come close to having to deal with that. But, I miss my husband this time of year. And, I miss someone just taking over a tantrum-throwing 2 year old's bathtime every now and then. I miss the "team" in teamwork.

Tomorrow, I will start my diet anew. I will be working when I don't need to. And I will be full-steam ahead towards my next big project. But tonight, Ahhhh, tonight. Tonight I have a date with my husband, some chocolate, and some beer. Tonight, life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home