Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Pouring... Part Deux

For the walk-through on our townhouse, I simply let the home inspector in. Granted, we hadn't been in the house for 1 week, but I didn't need to be there, so I let him in and left.

Fast forward to a phone call 2 hours later:
Hubby: "We are such idiots."
Me: "What?! What's wrong?!"
Hubby: "We left the shower head hanging outside of the tub. We have a ton of water damage in the family room and basement."
Me: "Shit."

See, really what happened is that our master bath shower head has leaked for, oh, a century. We are the kings of wasting water in stupid ways, that being the top of the list. After hounding my husband for 3 years to fix it, I called my dad, who tried to fix it, but didn't have a part, so they "rigged" it, and it fixed it for about a week. Then, the leak was slower, but still there.

Because of the constant dripping, the shower head holder had fallen off the wall repeatedly, because my hubby was too worried about drilling a hole in the marble wall to mount it properly. So we stuck it up there with double stick tape. No, I'm serious.

So, while we were gone, the shower holder unstuck, dropping the leaky shower head, which must have ricocheted off the faucet and landed outside of the tub, where it leaked for at least 3 days onto the bathroom floor. The water leaked down behind the toilet, down into our family room, and continued on into the basement. And this is what our prospective home buyers and their inspector walked in on. Fuck.

The wall and ceiling of our family room had to be totally carved out and replastered, which we were lucky enough to have stumbled upon the greatest handy man team in America, who came out SAME DAY and had it finsihed SAME DAY, for less than $300. Dude, they rock my world.

And other than freaking out a bit and asking for some ridiculous things, our buyers are still buying. Thank god.

I can't take any more rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home