Tuesday, November 07, 2006

RING! RING! Hello? VOTE DAMMIT!

Our phone has rang a thousand times today. Each phone call, save for one, has been a "Paid for by the Democratic/Republican Party-go-out-and-vote-for-me" phone call. Seriously, this has to be illegal by the next election.

If nothing makes me want to vote less, it's having people who I do not agree with politically calling my house and waking my 2 year old from a nap. It's having a political party leave me recordings on my answering machine TWELVE TIMES in a 6 hour period. It's having the phone ring at 9:15 pm (again, can I mention the sleeping 2 year old???), and having some idiot who doesn't know I am a democrat teetering on and on about their republican candidate.

If one more republican or democratic party calls me today, I'll, I'll, I'll just... sigh. I know it will be over soon. I know it is great to have the right to vote. But I didn't give these people my phone number for a reason. And to top it off, I'm getting calls like this one:

"Hi, would you mind taking a quick 2 question survey?"
"Uh, sure, I guess."
"Great! If you were to vote today, would you vote for candidate A or candidate B?"
"Um, I don't really know."
"Well, let me give you a little information. Candidate A is for this, this and this. And Candidate B is Evil. Now, who would you vote for if you were going to vote today?"
"Well, neither. I don't make snap political decisions based on biased, unsolicited phone calls."
"Ok, thanks."

Is the election over yet????

November 7th: New Rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home