Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stinky Shoe With A Touch Of Fish

That's what my house smells like. Two days since the storm and my house smells like something died. I have every window open and am wrapped in a blanket like a burrito, and my fingers are fairly stiff with cold, making it difficult to type. In addition to the windows open, I have every different scent of candle burning, have lysoled the carpet in the basement, and bleached the floor where we were able to pull up the padding. There is black mold growing under and on top of the carpeting. That can't be good. And I have a dozen garbage bags full of soggy, smelly carpet padding in my basement because I'm not allowed to throw it out until the insurance guy gets here. When will that be according to the message on my answering machine? "Shortly".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home