Friday, September 22, 2006

An Oriental Headache

My head hurts so bad that it's making me nauseous, but seeing as I haven't written anything in a while, I thought I could muddle through with this blaring pain in my head. All for you.

Things have been beyond crazy around here, and the lasts few days were spent preparing for my hubby's annual trip to the Orient. Is he Oriental, you ask? No. It just so happens he works for a company that makes most of it's product in the Orient, so they have a showroom there. This year, the showroom is moving to a bigger location, so instead of leaving me for 10 days with an insane 2 year old and 3 dogs, he's leaving us for 14 days. And every extra hour really feels like an extra day. But I digress...

So, every year, hubby goes to the Orient and brings back a trinket or two that he thought was cool. He works 14 hour days while he's there, so there usually isn't time for any sort of fun sight-seeing or shopping, but he usually manages to grab a few hours his last day there and at least visit a few small shops in Hong Kong. Now that this is his 5th trip there, the collection is getting bigger. So where do we put all of this stuff in a non-Oriental house?

In the bathroom.

I kid you not. We redid our powder room downstairs simply to house all of his trinkets from the Orient. It's complete with some groovy curvy glass wall shelves and asian-feeling wall border. And, though I was skeptical of the idea at first, I've grown to like that bathroom an awful lot. It's kind of... fun. But without being obnoxious. However, there is a picture of hubby at The Great Wall which weirds him out sometimes. He worries people will think it's weird that there is a picture of him in the bathroom at all. But most people don't seem to mind. It's not like it's a 8x10 or anything like that.

Anyway, today is day 1 of 14, and I already have a screaming headache. It may be because I drank half a bottle of wine last night (thanks Sam!), but really, I think I stress myself out when he leaves. Of course, the last time he left and I had a bad headache, my son was born 8 months later. Surprise! But I'm pretty sure this time it's simply stress.

I'll try to post more since my evenings will be full of tv and fast dinners and a lack of husband for the next 2 weeks. And full of headaches. Lots of headaches. Yikes.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't pour the wine down your gullet. It did make for some interesting harmonica songs though.

The bathroom is pretty cool. And I never got creeped out by his picture being in there. But then again I'm a girl and I sit. If I were a guy and stood to pee, he'd be staring at me and I think that would give me stage fright.

Sorry about the headache. Wanna have another girlie night next Thursday? Brownies??? Grey's Anatomy????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home