Monday, August 21, 2006

I Am A HGTV Junkie.

So hubby and I are considering selling our townhome. Of course, I've been considering selling it since the addition of dog #2 and no back yard, but I don't bring home the paycheck. And then we added son #1 who is now a running ball of fire, and I would give my left arm for a fenced in back yard right about now. A small gated deck just doesn't cut it anymore.

Needless to say, we are preparing to sell. Whether it is next month or next year, it depends on a house that strikes our fancy and is better than the townhouse and has everything we want. What? We're lazy as all hell, and our townhouse is really nice. We don't want to have to fix up someone else's house just to get to the level of our townhouse after paying a gagillion dollars more for an extra space in the garage and a fence. I'm sure our realtor is about to kill us.

Now, I've been watching HGTV for a while now, because I have zero decorating skill, but I'm starting to learn. And the shows they have on now versus a year ago are AWESOME. I'm addicted. I watch it every second I can, and even stay up waaaaay past bedtime to see how the freakin' basement in some house turns out JUST IN CASE I LIKE IT ENOUGH TO DO THAT TO OURS! I take mental notes about everything, picture our rooms with that furniture/color/arrangement/etc. and even go to their website to see what the "Room Of The Day" is. I need a fix right now and I need it bad!

Unless we win the lottery and can build a house, we'll have to fix something, paint something, rearrange something, so I prefer to think I'm less of a junkie and more of a study in the way of HGTV. But somehow I think selling our townhouse and buying a house with a backyard is simply going to make me a junkie about the whole landscaping thing instead of the design thing. Because I will FINALLY have a yard. So, one addiction for another, right? You really need to check out HGTV. But be careful. You may not be able to turn away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home