Monday, September 04, 2006

And Baby Makes Three

Yep, I'm going to be an aunt! I'm already an aunt by marriage, but now I'm going to be an honest-to-goodness blood aunt. Woohoo!!

My brother and his wife came to the house on Friday night, with falsified story in hand about how they were in the town next door to see a friend's new house, and wanted to see if they could stop by since they were in the area. Of course we were. Where else would parents of a 2 year old be on a Friday night at 8pm? Out? Heck no!

So my brother and his wife walk through the door, and my SIL unzips her sweatshirt and, in a way, flashes me. Beneath her sweatshirt is a t-shirt that reads "Baby Under Construction." It took me a second, thinking she was advertising the fact that they have been trying to conceive, and then the lightbulb went off.

Told everyone the same day that she peed on the stick and the plus sign showed up. Made me nervous for them after reading Speckblog's post regarding false positive's , but I figure that luck will be with them, and all will go well. And if it doesn't, she will have a huge support system because, the next night, the groom of the wedding that my brother stood up in announced it to the entire reception. Yep. 200 people knew the day after she peed on the stick.

So, I'm going to be an aunt. I'm so excited. I can't wait to go buy little outfits and spoil the kid rotten as a good auntie should. And the kid's other auntie lives out of state... muh huh huh huh! I have the favorite auntie thing in the bag!

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally have the upper hand with Ainsley b/c Adam's sister lives 6 hours away. Proximity = greatness.

Congratulations! Being a 'real' aunt is the best! I am thoroughly enjoying my pseudo newphew, however so I don't want Evan to feel slighted.

And I'm glad you'll have Auntie practice before we have a baby. Warm up those Spoiling Rotten muscels :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home