Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dinners for the Broke

So, I've been trying really hard to buy dinner ingredients that keep the cost of dinners way down, and we're already bored to tears with our options. Money is so tight, it's not even funny, and I only imagine it's about to get tighter. I'm dog-sitting for extra money a few times this month, and we're selling off just about anything we don't need (aka horse stuff from a time when I had zero responsibilties but myself) to give us a cushion. But, pasta and garlic bread is doable once a week, as are sloppy joes and some sort of chicken, but I cannot tolerate tuna casserole that often, and my ground turkey/ground beef recipes are limited. I am also limited by my short attention span to recipes that involve more than a handful of ingredients, or that take a whole bunch of time to prepare. I've been on website after website, but I tend not to trust any of them that they will be any good. Sigh.

So, if anyone has any inexpensive dinner recipes you'd be willing to share, I'm all ears. I'm pro-crock pot, too, so that's cool with me as well. To be fair, I'll share my fave recipe right now. We don't have a food processor, so the chopping takes a bit of time since all veggies in my recipes must be the size of rice, but it is so good that even Evan will eat it, veggies and all:

Meatloaf Muffins by Rachael Ray

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Since I teach a Foods class and we have to buy food for 180 students at a time, we have some pretty cost effective recipes. Let me know what kind of stuff you like and I can email you the recipes. Also, you can always try Cheese/Veg Quessadillas, that's what we made today! Email me if you want some ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home