Thursday, September 13, 2007

What now?

I haven't been writing lately because, quite frankly, my mind goes blank when I think of all the things I want to write about. All day long, I can write stories in my head, think of a gazillion things to say, can talk on the phone with an adult for far too long, but when I sit down to hammer it out into words, I'm too exhausted to go any further.

So, I'll talk about what's going on around here. My DH is soon going to be going away for almost 2 weeks to the lead-tainted land of China. Of course, his company has everything made over there, but thankfully, none of their products are painted. But 2 weeks without him is hard. Especially now that Evan is 3 and NOTICES THINGS. We've talked about China for a couple months now, pointed it out on a globe (who cares if daddy is on that side of the ball? I can still see him!), and talked about him having to sleepover somewhere else. But it won't sink in until about day 3, when his buddy daddy has not returned, and the bad behaviors will start up again. And they have been Oh-so-good the last few days! Progress, only to be twarted by Daddy's travels. Ugh.

On another note, we are looking into life insurance. Which scares me, right before DH goes flying off to a foreign country post-9/11, but is necessary. Not that I think it invites death or anything, the whole prospect is scary, but to put a monetary amount of money on a life never ceases to disgust me. But again, I guess it's a necessary evil, eh?

Evan is just a bowl full of cherries this week, just full of hugs and half-willing cooperation. School is doing wonders for him. And me. Yay for school!

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more later. But now, I'm too tired to stay one more minute on this computer. Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home