Friday, August 03, 2007

To Be or Not To Be...

Krissy Poopyhands poses a fine question about weight loss. Even if you lose weight, will you ever be happy with the weight you become? Will it ever be enough?

At the fittest part of my life, I was 18. I ran every day, I walked everywhere, I rode my horse a good 5 times a week, and over all was not a lazy ass. I made little time for eating, and it was usually a bowl of cereal or a bagel, and I was out the door again. I weighed 118 for my senior prom, and that is, to put it politely, impossible to reach again.

So why is it that when I don work out clothes, and go sweat my butt off, that my brain still expects to see a 118 staring back at me from the mirror? Why is it that I cannot look at myself and feel good about what I see?

I'll never be 118 again. But I could weigh 130. It would take some effort and some actual self-control, but I could do it. But what if I get there, and want more? Or worse, what if I get there and just slide back to where I'm at now? Is there a happy medium? 140?

I guess I should just get my butt in gear and see what happens. Something is better than nothing, right? And 5 pounds lighter is better than 5 pounds heavier, I guess. Oh, to be 18 again and able to eat Twix and Sunkist for lunch and not think twice! Gone are the days.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW! I want to go back in time and smack myself for not appreciating how in shape I was back then. I had the best ass of my life and couldn't even appreciate it!

*sniff sniff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home