Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rantalicious

Rant # 1: On Competency

Let me preface this by saying, I often drop the ball. I forget to call people back, forget birthdays, miss due dates, etc. I understand that such things happen to everyone, including me. However, I'm beginning to believe that incompetency rules the world, and the rest of us are just screwed.

Case in point (or should I say cases): Comcast. I call to tell them we need wireless DSL for multiple computers. No problem, they say! First, they send me the do-it-yourself kit. Then they call and say, Wait! You don't have cable! You can't do it yourself! We must charge you more! Then, technician #1 comes to my house, installs my DSL, leaves me without a password to actually USE my DSL, and tells me that the company will be out in a week to bury the cable. When I call to say my wireless isn't working, nor can I get into my accounts because Jorge left me without a password, they say, Oh? Wireless? Oh, you need a different set up! We must charge you more! Tech #2 comes out, replaces everything, and says the company will be out in a week to bury the cable. Well, that was 6 weeks ago- guess where the cable is? Yep, in the way of the lawn mower every week.

Next. Artesian Springs. Called to offer free water testing. We say yes, sure. 2 separate people call to confirm the time, date, and address. Saturday comes and goes, no call, no appointment kept, no Artesian Springs. We waste 2 hours of a Saturday waiting for them. A week later they call. Sorry we missed you, would you like to reschedule for Saturday? I go off, telling them to go to hell, and they apologize for the "miscommunication"- looks like we have your address wrong! When I ask what was wrong with the phone number he just called me at on Saturday, he had no excuse. "But ma'am, are you sure you don't want us to come out? It's free." Fuck off.

Those are just 2 examples of what we have been dealing with at the new house. We love the house, hate the workers. They are all morons. Is it possible? Is no one capable of doing the job they agree to do? I mean, seriously, if you can't install cable, don't work for the fucking cable company. If you can't keep appointments, don't work for a company that schedules them.

Oh, and Home Warranties are worthless. You might as well wipe your ass with them. They charge you $60 each time to tell you your claim is denied because the previous owner didn't care for/repair properly/maintain properly. And the guy who comes out out to deny your claim tries to bribe you to push your claim through. No joke. When you call to report said guy, no one seems to care.


*************************************************************************************

My job is one where I have to deal with a lot of idiots. I do a lot of hand-holding and talking to people like they are 3 years old. I hate that part of it. I suck at it. I'd rather tell people to grow up and face reality, but I can't. What I don't understand is how many people call, listen to our message explaining the options before them, and leave a message asking for exactly what our message says they cannot have. Many of them call more than once, ask repeatedly, as if they must be special or magical or something more than who they are. THEN I have to call these people back, repeat exactly what it is our message told them in the first place, and WASTE MY TIME. Nothing pisses me off more than wasted time. Stop calling me if you can'ty understand english, because I'm not very fluent in idiot.

*************************************************************************************

When someone dies, don't try to take their place. It irks me that you even think it might work.

*************************************************************************************

When driving, if you see a loooong line of cars on the he left, already going 75 miles an hour, don't try to pass on the right. Because you can't get very far with all the trucks going 70 miles an hour, and you haven't seemed to figure out that every time you try to pass, you get stuck behind a truck and end up right behind the car you were trying to pass the LAST 8 times you tried to do that. Pretty soon, we're going to start fucking with you, like we did today, because you're an idiot, and you don't learn. Seriously, I stopped counting how many trucks you got stuck behind in a fruitless effort to get ahead.

*************************************************************************************

Ahhhh, I feel better. What a shitty week. And it's only Tuesday. I hope you are all having a better week than me.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Jesus.

Um, I shall send you cookies! Lots of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home