Monday, November 19, 2007

A Few Rambling Thoughts

Sorry Kids, it's been a while. Time is racing by at warp speed, and I cannot seem to catch up with anything important. But, thought I'd stop in and say hi!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We went to see Lowen and Navarro at Park West in Chicago again this past weekend. It pretty much rocked. They played a lot of new stuff, which was all mellow and melancholy and tear-out-your-heart beautiful. I prefer this greatly to their Hogging the Covers album, where they cover a lot of other people's songs- sorry guys, you guys are a step above most of those song writers and musicians, which is why we come to see you. And the surprise is that they'll be back in Chicago in just a few weeks. Eric Lowen has ALS, and the concert will benefit the Erick Lowen Fund- if you can make it out to St. Pat's on December 8th, you should go. You will never find more harmony than with these two guys. They can sing their way right into your soul. My only disappointment of the night was that they didn't play "Maybe Tomorrow It Will Rain"- my all time favorite grab-you-by-the-heart song. They played it a while back several years ago when we saw them at Martyr's in the city, and granted we've missed a couple of concerts due to schedule conflicts since that one show, but there is nothing like them singing that song live. Maybe they'll play it at St. Pat's if I'm lucky.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I bought 10 reusable grocery bags in an effort to save the world. One of my husband's friends lives next door to Al Gore. Yes, Al Gore. I guess Al Gore has taken over the entire cul-de-sac with trucks, equipment, and lots of workers because he's changing his house over to geothermal energy. Humph. I guess I need to do something in addition to those reusable bags, or Al Gore wins this one.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For those of you who don't know that I work in Animal Rescue, I do. I don't like to talk about it here, because I'm inundated with it 24/7, and this is a place to blow off steam about other parts of my life. But, could someone, anyone, just donate a million dollars or 10 acres of land to our little rescue so we can do a bit more saving? Because I was at the pound this weekend, and I got to bring one wonderful and beautiful dog out while leaving a good 10 that needed my help behind. And until we have our sanctuary built, I have to relive that each and every time I go there. And that is the hardest part of my job.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Evan has taken to crossing his arms, stomping his feet, and literally saying "Humph!" when he has decided he doesn't want to do something in particular. And then he says, very crossly and most serious for a 3 year old, 'No. No fun for me. No bath for me. Just never more. Humph!" It's all I can do to not giggle hysterically. I know he's just testing his limits, blah, blah, blah, but where he got the crossing of his arms is beyond me. The way he juts them way up and then thumps them onto his chest to make his "Humph!" more effective, all the while with his pouty lips on... oh god, it's just way too much fun to try to get him to do it right now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a quick countdown- only 3 days left until Christmas explodes all over our house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home