Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh My Gawd.

Evan and I were at the park yesterday, having a good ole time, when one of the neighborhood moms showed up with 2 out of 3 of her kids. The mom is very nice, somewhat boisterous, but always willing to talk and say hi to everyone. Her kids are nice, too, and Evan loves her 5 year old little girl.

Now her 5 year old little girl is not, um, little. She's a big girl. Not necessarily fat, but mom could definitely ease up on the high fructose corn syrup in this girl's diet. You can tell she's going to be "big" anyway from her bone structure and height, but come on Mom, help the kid out a little! Mom is carrying on about how she's starting kindergarten late because of Mom's "personal issues" and how "she just couldn't handle it right then (Mom, not little girl)" and so now the poor child has to endure stepping in front of the entire class as the "new kid", just because mom had too much on her plate to register her at the school two blocks away. Unbelieveable.

Little girl and Evan are running around playing tag, so I don't really pay a lot of attention to the little girl until Mom takes a phone call and I start to watch them play. Little girl is wearing a cute little 2 piece outfit, like a little work-out suit, black and simple, but it has a sweet glittery decoration on the hoodie and is adorned with small jewels. The whole outfit is hemmed in a beige stitching that stands out and gives it a little something extra. Cute, I think to myself. The little girl spins on her heels and dashes away after Evan. My jaw hits the ground.

On the outside of the pants, the stitching actually runs up each butt cheek and across the top of her butt, creating a THONG on the outside of her pants. I can't believe it! I must be seeing things, so of course, I have to get a better look. I go up to wipe Evan's nose and take a good look- yep, it's a stitched-on "thong". Good gawd.

My respect for Mom plummets. How on earth do you allow your FIVE YEAR OLD to strut around in a jump suit that has a stitched on thong on the outside of it? Is there no decency left? This poor girl will have enough issues in school, so why not give her an outfit where the underwear is not only revealing, BUT INSINUATED ON THE OUTSIDE OF HER PANTS???

Seriously, what has this world come to?

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

Oh lord.

Armageddon is upon us.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Doesn't that scare you to death and break your heart at the same time. I recently found your blog on someone else's blogroll (because goodness knows I don't have enough blogs to read) and I love it. Greetings from someone across town! (Orland Park)Go Cubs!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just threw up and wept at the same time.

How horribly sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home