Tuesday, February 19, 2008

5 weeks 2 days

That's as far as we got. I began to miscarry last night. I spent the majority of the night in the ER, which only confirmed what I already knew- that this pregnancy wasn't going well.

I knew almost from the beginning that something wasn't right. I prefaced baby conversations with "if nothing goes wrong". I haven't bought any baby clothes or maternity pants. I only marked my calendar to 12 weeks, thinking that if something went wrong, I'd have a lot of white out to use. I just knew. I wasn't like that with my son- I was the opposite. With him, I knew all was right.

I'm sad, but I'm ok. We'll try again. I just hope the next one doesn't take 18 months. And I need to figure out a way to tell Evan that doesn't scare him. Any suggestions are welcome.

7 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

I'm so sorry, Dawn.

I'm so sorry.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry, Dawn. Sending you lots of love and good wishes.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger samantha said...

Oh no. I'm so SO sorry.

What can I do? Can I call? Or do you want to be alone for awhile?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I am sending you big hugs from Wauconda....

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not even religious, but oh dear God. You could ask your pediatrician or anyone else with a background in child development about what to tell Evan. I found this link and several others by searching "explain miscarriage to a child". http://www.miscarriagesupport.org.nz/children.html

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I am so, so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger YAHPR said...

Thanks everyone. I'm doing ok. It just isn't fair, but I'm working through it. Thanks for all your kindness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home