Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Overwhelmed

Ever get so overwhelmed with your list of stuff to do, you do nothing?

Yeah, I'm right there. Staring at this crazy-ass list of things to do that I don't know where to start. So I don't. Which, of course, makes me panic. Which then makes me look at this list again, which repeats the cycle, taking me nowhere- fast.

Seriously, when you have 10,000 things to do, how do you start? Because right now, I just want to take a nap, and hope when I wake up, at least one thing on my list is crossed off.

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do one thing on the list, and the rest usually seems far less daunting.
But naps are good too :)

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I am doing that right this very moment. Sitting here...almongst chaos and IMPORTANT TASKS THAT MUST GET COMPLETED....but I continue to blog surf. sigh.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's where my OCD kicked it. I'd be so overwhelmed by everything I'd have to take control of SOMEthing. So I'd clean. And clean and clean until that was done, then I'd take the easiest thing on the list and do that.

Not saying that was the best thing to do, but that was the only way for me to deal.

And I totally know what you mean.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I do this exact same thing and then just end up frustrated with myself. It is a vicious cycle. I wish I had good advice. All I know is that when I do finally buck up and start working on even one item on the list I start to feel better. Good luck. Why are to-do lists always never-ending?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home