Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Look Under The Hood

In an effort to figure out why we have been having difficulty conceiving, I made an appointment with my obgyn. I was run through the typical gamut of tests for an annual exam. But other than talking about basic fertility treatments, I got a "keep trying", an "everything looks good" and a pat on the knee. That didn't go over well with me, but I left with new prenatal vitamin that is the size of my thumb and tastes like vanilla, and a homework assignment to have as much sex as we could stand around ovulation time.

I was somewhat frustrated because I wanted answers. Now. I mean, isn't that what we look to professionals for? The reasons why?

And, there has been a running theme in my life lately- other people having babies or getting pregnant. Again, I am happy for them. It just makes me wonder- am I noticing this more now because we're trying, or are we trying more because other people are succeeding? I don't know, but until we started trying, NO ONE we knew was getting pregnant! I've gone over and over the people we know, and I'm not exaggerating.

Last week, we found out that my husband's best friend and wife are having twins. At 43. Without any help from the medical world. Now, granted, I don't want twins, but COME ON.

What's even more frustrating is we needed to take the last month and this month "off" from trying because of my husband's travel schedule at the end of every September. He goes to Hong Kong every year for 2 weeks at the end of each September. There was no way I wanted him in Hong Kong while I was here at 8 or 9 months pregnant! No Way! So no ovulation predictors, no charting, no nothing. We had to avoid sex around that window of opportunity. And it makes me sad and frustrated because still, that is 2 months lost.

Or so I thought.




How many lines do you see in these two tests?

Ain't mother nature freakin' hilarious? I will be NINE months pregnant when my husband is halfway around the world. But I don't care. And in case you are having trouble believing it yourself, pictures speak louder than words...


Shhhhh... it's still a secret, at least for another 8 weeks. It's going to take me that long to believe it myself!

4 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!That's so awesome! Yippeee! You really suprised me, I totally didn't see that one coming at the bottom of your post!

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn! That's so wonderful! You totally have me crying (in a good way) - what a perfect way to start the day!
Congratulations!

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Dawn, I found your blog through Kristin C. this morning and as I was reading this post I could so relate. We’ve also been trying for 7 months now with no luck and I’m getting frustrated. And it seems everyone around me is either pregnant or just had a baby. Your pregnancy announcement at the end gives me so much hope! Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

That is so fantabulous I can't even say!

Congratulations, congratulations!

And yes, everyone in the world has just had a baby or is currently trying to get pregnant.

I'm so happy for you! YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home