Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An Explanation

Evan was playing on the computer just now, and clicked on a link to my pregnancy tracker. He said "Yook! Yook! Mommy, dis is what the baby looks like right now". So I went over to him and looked at the illustration he was looking at, and said, "Evan, would it be ok with you if the baby came a little later than we thought? Like maybe after Christmas?" and he said, "But Mommy, I want to have a Halloween baby!"

I had to think about what to say next, since I hadn't exactly planned this conversation. I said, "well, a Halloween baby would mean you would have to go slow trick or treating because Mommy and a baby couldn't push a stroller as fast as you run." So, he thought about it, and said, "Otay, Mommy. We can have our baby later." I gave him a hug and told him that we wouldn't look at baby pictures for a while since the baby wouldn't be growing in Mommy's tummy right now. We'll work from there. It's the best I could do on short notice, but he definitely isn't worried about it.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

Oh, what a hard conversation to have. I'm so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home