Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ahhhhhhhh!

The weekend was awesome. Relaxing. No watches, no agenda, no meetings, no customers. It was perfect. The weather cooperated, too, allowing us to stroll through downtown St. Charles like it was June, eat out on the patio at a local restaurant, and do it all without wearing jackets.

I had my second full-body massage ever, and it was heaven. I was mush and could barely walk out of there. Fun night of comedian on Saturday night, and a Sunday morning with Champagne brunch followed by a manicure and pedicure. A bit too girly for me, but still fun, and relaxing. We never even made it into the hot tub or pool, so thankfully, my fat ass stayed sufficiently covered all weekend. Overall, I can only say that we are already planning next year's trip.

The cheesiest thing about the girls weekend was our trip to a local candy store. An old antique store that also housed a candy store was filled to the brim with 80's candy. We bought candy cigarettes, Big League Chew, Candy Buttons, sixlets, pop rocks... you get the idea. Yes, we drank, too, but our latest night was 1am, and that was really pushing it. But, since that first night was spent drinking in our room, it was convenient that our beds were right there. So, I just find it hilarious that three grown women, out on their own for the weekend, have the most fun puffing on bubblegum cigarettes and pop rocking at 11pm at night. We. Are. Crazy.

Of course, now it's back to the grind, but I'm recharged and ready to jump right into projects that seemed overwhelming before I left. The trip worked, and I can't wait to do it again. And I may just need to indulge in a massage once a month... or week!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad it was a good time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home