Monday, March 17, 2008

15dpo- The Wait Is Almost Over

After a crazy-hectic weekend where I stood for three days straight and talked to upteen thousand people, I'm finally at 15dpo, i.e. The Last Day of the Two Week Wait. I have no symptoms and my temperatures have been stable the last three days. What that means, I have no idea, since this is my first month charting temperatures. So? I'll know by the end of the day whether or not I have any reason to test again. My gut tells me there's no reason to test again.

But, the good news is that my cycle went right back to normal after being 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and miscarrying. I need to hold onto that fact- some women take much longer to be back to "normal" physically. Of course, on the other hand, it makes me go right back to the "why not this month" questions on why we didn't conceive again. Sigh. I hate this routine. Especially since now I should be like 9-10 weeks preggo. It sucks.

Anyway, I think I'll keep charting, just to see what it is my body actually does each cycle, but really, I don't think it actually helps at all. It actually makes me obsess a bit more, which I don't really like to do. I'm not an obsessive person, but this whole TWW thing turns me into a mad woman- checking physical signs, taking my temparture at randow times during the day to see if my normal temperature is higher than my waking temperature, and running into Walmart five minutes before closing to buy hpt's like some crazed crack addict needing a fix on a Sunday night. That's just not normal for me, but again, it makes me feel like I have some control of an out of control situation.

So, that's the update. Unless some spectacularly double pink lines shows up on a test, that's the last you'll be hearing about this cycle. Back to "normal" from here on out, right? Ugh.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

First of all, I can't believe you haven't peed on a stick yet. I POAS sometimes just for fun!

I find that the charting makes me more grounded, more aware of what's going on otherwise I obsessively wonder. It helps. Good on you for knowing that it's not helping you, it's just making things tougher.

I, myself, always felt more calm that if I did run into a problem and go to the doc I'd have charts to point to that might show what the problem was. I like having the info.

If your temps aren't rising you might be out for this month, but until they drop you're not officially out of the game.

Of course, I thought my period was impending when I conceived Wallace, so you never know. I think you should POAS.

Still, I'm sorry it's not an overwhelming obvious yes. I'm sorry that it didn't take right away. I'm so sorry.

I hope it happens soon.

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending you fertile thoughts, prayers and vibes!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how everything was going. Still keeping my fingers crossed. It's not over until she shows.

I charted for awhile but stopped after I realized nothing was going to happen...again. I liked it, but I agree that it makes me obsessive. But then, like you said, it also makes me feel like I have a just a little control, or more knowledge, or something, and so I'll probably do it again at some point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home