Thursday, January 25, 2007

You scream, I scream, We all Scream...

... For IPASS.

IPASS is Illinois' electronic toll device that lets you zip through the ungodly number of road tolls in this state without stopping. There are critics who say it is the first step in sending out electronic tickets, too, as it gives the government a way to monitor how fast you get from one toll to the next, i.e., speeding.

Today I made my way into the city of Chicago, and as I came to the first toll on I-90, I could see a bazillion brake lights ahead, I thought aww crap. But, as I neared the toll, I saw that the bazillion of brake lights were in the CASH ONLY lane, and I got to zip right on by. Big Brother may have been calculating my precise speed as I blew through the Open Road Tolling, but hell if I cared. It saved me a good 20 minutes of waiting to throw a few coins at a toll road operator. I'll take my chances.

What blew my mind was how the majority of the cars waiting in line were from Illinois. Seriously, get an IPASS already. Those of us in the IPASS fan club already pay half the amount of toll charge as you cash payers. Isn't that enough incentive in itself. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home