Friday, April 11, 2008

Big Boobs & Politics

So, buying a swim suit when you have big boobs is not easy. But what about summer shirts? The stores are now under attack with skin-showing ensembles that, once again, exclude big boobs. I have found the only tank tops that I can wear where I do not resemble a hooker are "wife beater" tanks- you know, the ribbed ones that you just can't make look cute no matter how hard you try? Or I can wear empire cut tanks, where I instantly appear to be pregnant. Nice. Capped sleeve tees look ridiculous on me since I have bigger arms, and t-shirts in the summer- well, I'm outside so much that they are actually too hot for most days and I end up sweating my bazongas off.

What to do? Huh. Maybe lose weight. Is that the answer to everything? Sigh.

On another note, it turns out that most of my friends are democrats. Though I may have always suspected, the friends that I have that are the most cherished, the ones that I get along with the best and enjoy intelligent conversation with, are turning out to be democrats. Huh. The associates that I have where they tend to drive me insane with mundane conversation and lack of drive? You got it. Republicans.

Now, it's not like I started out looking for friends with typical political alliances, but isn't it funny that's how it turned out? And I'm only finding out now, as the political world heats up, where those friends stand politically. Those are the two things I hate to talk about, politics and religion, because I don't really uphold any sort of particular framework for beliefs for either of them. I believe what I believe, and I don't care what you believe, as long as you let me believe what I believe- ya know? And I'm finding that my friends are right along those same lines, even in regards to politics. So it makes sense that they are democrats as well, seeing as that's the only real choice when you believe in an actual democracy without religion getting in the way.

What's funny is how, out of all of my friends, none are for Hilllary right now. Everyone is supporting Barack Obama. And I find this interesting, because you would think that with the majority of my friends being female, at least one would be for Hillary. But none are. The main reason- they think she is calculating and conniving. A typical woman who has power but is not comfortable with herself yet. And that scares pretty much everyone I have conversed with on this. Because how do you trust a woman who does not trust herself? So everyone I've spoken with is backing Obama, because he is a man who obviously trusts himself and then some. Whether or not either one of them becomes president remains to be seen, but I think it's interesting that all the women I have spoken with do not think she is "the" woman to become president. Huh, again.

Anyway, no point to this posting really, just some rambling thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Krissy said...

I have a REAL PROBLEM with what you've written.

Beaters on women are totally cute. Particularly in pink! Go with the beaters and jeans and chucks. So cute!

As for the political breakdown, earlier in the process you could have thrown me in for Hillary. Mostly because I think that for all her failings, she has (or at least had) a real idea about how to get on with things. Also, universal healthcare is something I believe strongly in.

Unfortuately, electing someone who won't stand up to republican bashing is no good. Unfortunately, I don't think she's shown strongly for months against Obama and it's no good agreeing with her policies if she won't be elected.

I'm not an Obamaniac. What people discount, because they aren't from here, is that he's a CHICAGO POLITICIAN. All politics are corrupt, but some are more incestuous and nastier than others, and I think that Chicago politics has to be some of the worst.

I love the way he speaks, but hate the way that he speaks in generalities. I love his ideas, but his realities have yet to impress me.

He's billing himself as something great! and new! and different!

I say, "God, I hope you are telling the truth, man. Because it's going to be go-to time in a minute and unless you can be B. Clinton Esq. and undo masses of wrongs and steady things in a relatively short period of time, you, and us as a party, are going to wind up walking the plank."

On the other hand, he inspires passion and can get elected.

I'd take, or at least would have taken a few months ago, Hillary over Obama. I will take Obama by miles over McCain. I would take McCain and put a bow on him and give him full-mouth kisses over our current resident white house painted fool.

You know, as we're impolitely talking politics. ;-)

By the way, TT is pretty insistant that we're ready for another one. I've been talking about new babies too much again, it seems. I'll shoot you an email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home